Friday, February 15, 2013

Time to Share

So today I make my first effort to set up a support structure. I post about my cancer to my UF cohort asking for their support and help to ensure I keep on track with his silly little dissertation thing.  I hope I don't make anyone uncomfortable, but I know they're going to be an important part of this journey. When I started this doctoral program I really didn't see the purpose of a cohort, now I'm not sure I can do it without them. 

Next, is to call my dissertation adviser. Oh, um those first three chapters, still a work in progress, but that's not why I called. We talked about options among other things. Never really planned on graduating this Summer, but now I'm just hoping for Fall. At this point I'm not even sure what the plan is let alone how it might effect my writing, the study, the dissertation defense. I had plans this year. Nephew's graduation, cousin's wedding, and walking that stage in Gainesville.  Now all that seems to be be a maybe at best. 

Now for a couple more calls to some local people.  Hey, don't mean to ruin your day, but I've got something I need to tell you ....

No comments:

Post a Comment