Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Doctor Is In

Met with my oncologist today, Dr B. Boy does that feel strange to say. My oncologist. I feel very comfortable with him as he is very knowledgeable and willing to listen. MRI and pathology reports look as good as I could hope for. Nothing appears to have spread outside of the breast. It's a strange little line of calcium that is causing the nipple inversion. Doesn't hurt anything but probably takes a lumpectomy of the table. I am officially phase 2 based on size and and pathology.

Dr B went and put all my info in a database and showed me the different treatment options and their long-term outcomes. There is no question of chemo and surgery now. I will do whatever I have to in order to ensure my best odds not just for now, but for the future. He is comfortable with chemo first so it looks like there is a plan at long last. There are some breast cancer's that do not respond to chemo, but the only way to tell is to have chemo and see what happens. It will be obvious within a few treatments if the chemo is working. One more reason to go with chemo first. Why have chemo if it isn't going to help? If thee is no change we will go straight to surgery. There is really no way to tell if you do surgery first. Now to go back to surgeon and have the chemo port put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment