Saturday, February 16, 2013

Don't Even Get Saturday Off

Had to get up and go across town for an MRI at 8:00 AM. At least traffic is light as no one else wants to be up and moving at 7:30 on a Saturday. Mom went with me for moral support. Had an interesting time just getting into the building as nothing is open that early on a Saturday. 

The tech had an issue finding a vein for the die. Must have been that AMEDD training he had in the 80s. He is personable though and talks me through the whole process. I don't know who came up with the design for this contraption. Lying on your stomach, breasts hanging in down in two holes with your sternum resting on a nice cold bar and arms out over your head. This had to be designed by a man. Now just relax as you get loaded into the tube and hold still for 25 minutes. Remember your yoga breath. And then there is the saline push. Yikes, at least he warned me. Still this position makes it difficult to breathe, and even with the blanket I'm cold. Five minutes in and I am more than ready to be done with this. Time to go home and do something fun. Like finish writing a methodology chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment