Friday, February 22, 2013

A Port in the Storm

Dad drove me to work today so that I can work part day and then go to surgery. People by now know something is going on but I still don't feel like I can announce anything yet. I'm just not there yet. Got to Baptist at 12:30 but did not go into surgery until nearly 4.  Sat around for a long time getting nervous. Just love waiting, not. At least we missed the traffic on 1604 as we didn't leave the hospital until nearly 7. It took me longer to wake up from my aenethesia, guess I was tired. 

So far I must say I am pleased with my care. The whole team seems to be knowledgable, competent, and compassionate. Gives me an interesting perspective on the dissertation work. There was good teamwork going on as the staff checked and double checked everything. It seems like Dr. R even talked about me as after surgery the anesthesiologist even mentioned he knew I was working on a dissertation. I guess it's good for them to know something about me. Feel sore a little bit of pain but mainly stuff. Drugs knocked me out for most of the night or maybeit's just their way of checking if my mind is mush.

I couldn't do this without mom and dad. They have been wonderful taking care of me and Mika. Mika knows something is just not right, but is enjoying the extra attention. My Aunt C (who is an amazing quilter) and uncle R are making me a quilt with fabric handed down from my late grandma. I am sure it will be wonderful and full of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment