Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Navigation

Had another meeting with A my nurse navigator today. Talked about a variety of issues including side effects, what's normal, what to worry about, what to do etc. Discussed nutrition and luckily coffee is still good which is a bonus for all those who have to deal with me on a regular basis. Also discussed how my tastes will change and that maybe I should stop eating my favorite foods. Just be prepared for a new normal. Watch out for dies, fragrances, and empty calories as the body will be very sensitive inside and out. I must learn to listen to my body. That will be something new. I've been good at ignoring it the last couple of years while working and going to school. Not that I was every really good at paying attention.They will also be giving me steroids which should help with the nausea. Should be interesting to see what effect those have. Yippee more drugs.  Have great hopes that I have little in the way of effects, but must be prepared for anything.

Thanks to K I was also fit for a wig today. I actually went shorter than I thought but I was worried about the heat. I'm almost used to the shorter cut now, but still miss my long hair. I know I'm going to lose my hair but I'm still hoping somehow I'll be spared. Yup still floating down that River in Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment