Sunday, September 22, 2013

Not The Nicest of Farewells

So it's my last day with all original equipment, and what do I do? I go to the hospital and have a needle put into my left breast to insert a radioactive tracer. Um ouch. When Dr P said it would burn he really meant it. The needle was bad, but bearable, but I mean ouch to the material itself. An hour later and I can still feel it. I finally get a cute young  doctor and he's in the room for all of five minutes putting a needle into my bared breast. Sigh there really is no such thing as modesty when you have breast cancer.

After the injection the lab tech L used the machine I was lying on to take a picture and make sure the dye was moving towards the lymph nodes. This will help Dr R tomorrow find the lymph nodes (He actually uses a little Geiger counter. I'm radioactive enough to set off alarms at the airport, or so I've been told. Tempting, but I don't think I'll check it out.) I could see the radioactive material start to spread as I watched the screen for the three minutes it took to take the image. 

Spent quite a bit of time doing paperwork. Hopefully that means the check-in at 5:30 AM tomorrow won't be too bad; other than the fact that it's at 5:30 AM.  At least I get to be unconscious for most of the day tomorrow.  Well here's hoping all goes as it should and I should wake up tomorrow afternoon with a brand new set of tatas.  I guess now I really can get that t-shirt that says "Yes they're fake my real ones tried to kill me."

No comments:

Post a Comment