Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day

Made another trip to Austin for the long weekend to take advantage of the whirlpool tub. Boy do the muscles enjoy the long soak in there. Too bad the effects don't last longer. Still on the pain meds for aching muscles, really thought I'd be over that by now. Will probably feel better just about the time I have surgery. Fingers and toes and still tingly, it makes grabbing things and typing very interesting when you can't feel the tip of your fingers. I am a certified menace in the kitchen. Still retaining water too, my ankles and feet are huge. If only there was a way to get the water from my ankles to my lawn I could single-handedly fix the drought.

Impatiently waiting for round 3 responses to my dissertation survey. Last round, but only 8 replies so far. If I don't get at least 15 everything up to this point will be meaningless. No pressure. Would like to work on the results section while in hospital (is that twisted?). Time to start sending out the begging and pleading emails. How pathetic can one sound while still being professional?

Work is unbelievable these days. The Ed Tech Dept has started calling themselves Academic Support Support  (I'll let you figure out the acronym). We're considering getting t-shirts made. We are now highly paid data entry personnel - whee! Knew leadership would bring changes but having leadership which holds furlough days against you is highly demoralizing. The one perk we had was flexible hours, that has now been kicked to the curb. Walking around you see a lot of computer screens showing USA Jobs. I am not in a position where I can bail, maybe they will settle down by the time I'm healthy enough to start looking. Hear that, that's the sound of me not holding my breathe. Right now the powers that be have managed to do what cancer could not, make me not give a .....

No comments:

Post a Comment