Monday, March 11, 2013

Still Looking

Met with a genetic counselor again as Blue Cross will cover all but 75$ the genetic panel for 22 markers. In my eyes this test looks worth it. Some of it is for breast cancer and some is for other cancers so might give me a good idea as to what to keep an eye out for in the future. But as we know just because there isn't something genetic that doesn't mean you're in the clear. 

As with so many things there's a lot of grey area when it comes to genetic tests. Results can come back positive, negative or we really aren't sure. Takes a lot of data before they can convulsively make a connection. Will take several months to get results but again that should be okay as they should have no real impact on my current progress and my current decision-making. This is for decisions down the road. Might as well do it now see what it says and put the money towards my $5000 deductible for the year. No reason to not take advantage of everything I can get out of the insurance company as they will certainly take everything they can from me.

In the meantime the dissertation work has continued. I finally sent Chapters 1-3 to a couple of cohort members for review. Thank God for their help. Their input will be invaluable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment