Friday, March 15, 2013

H-Day

Well it's finally started, the hair started falling out Tuesday night. I knew it was coming, still I somehow hoped I would be saved from it. Yup I still got boat floating on that river in Egypt. It's a mess, hair everywhere. Decided to have it shaved today to give me the weekend to get used to it. Did not realize it would actually be irritating and the scalp would be so sensitive. It's as if I can feel every little follicle of hair trying to pull out of my scalp. Hope I don't have a warped shaped head. Maybe it'll be coned shaped and I can get a job on Saturday Night Live.

We take the bar stool out to the backyard and dad went to town with his clippers. Straight down the middle, no turning back now. Not completely bald, left about three quarters of an inch. Hopefully the birds will be happy with all that nest filler. Mom took pictures while I was being shaved. It wasn't quite as hard as I thought it would be, but then that might just be more denial. Posted pictures on my Facebook group and everyone was very kind.

In the meantime poor Mika has been diagnosed with arthritis. Poor puppy is now on meds too. Boy is she expensive, but silly girl is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment