Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Nipplerollaphobia

Every day when I take off my bra and all my nipple protective padding there is that moment when I wonder if today is the day I'm going to see one of those nipples fall off and roll down on the floor. I mean nobody has time for nipplerollaphobia. These are the things nightmares are made of.

Today I had my first follow-up visit with PRMA to check the status of the latest surgical revisions.  Nurse H was happy with the progress. Only comment was to make the holes in the nursing pads bigger and stop taping them to my breast.  They should now be stuck to the bra itself.  This has lead to some interesting logistical problems.  How does on know where to place the pads and their nipple holes before the bra is on?  Sharpie anyone?  There is probably some geometric formula for this, but I must have been sick that day. Luckily it wasn't a question on the GRE. Still working on a best practice for this one.  Currently it is still a two woman job.  I am sure some day Mom would love to go home, so at some point we will work out some genius way I can do this myself.

So H said I was past the stage where I needed to worry about my nipples falling off; I only need to be concerned if they turn black. Oh yes, much better. 

"When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold.  They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful."  ~Barbara Bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment