Monday, February 3, 2014

Hey Guess What I Have Today

No really, guess. Yup it's another doctor's appointment. This time with the oncology surgeon.  The good news, the visit was short and sweet. Just a quick check of the foobs, some talk about how we will move forward, and some updates. This kind of doctor's appointment I can handle.  Of course there are more appointments with more doctors coming up, but it seems to be nearly manageable now. I guess the docs will have to find someone else to buy their Porsche now.  I am still waiting for the body to feel "normal," to feel like my body again, to not be ever aware of the foobs and to sit up without the tummy scar reminding me of its presence. Still trying to deal with fatigue, nearly walked the dog in my sleep the other day, as I swear I was nodding off as we rounded the block.  I can almost see the finish line, but I can't help but wish I'd already crossed it.

In other news, I have delivered a complete draft of my dissertation to my adviser.  I get to be happy about that for a few days while he reviews it.  Then ... well guess I'll deal with it when it happens. No sense second guessing what I wrote. 
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. - Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment