Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hey Look It's Another Follow-Up Visit

Had a follow-up with Dr B today to go over all the test results. Work has been absolutely crazy (and not in a good way) with the new leadership and I got out a little late to go pick up Mom and get to Stone Oak. Had never been to this office before so actually passed right by it and was about ten minutes late. Of course Dr B is never on time so we still sat around for nearly two hours and then had a ten minute visit. I'm still gaining weight even though I ate nothing but soup for about a week. Not sure how that works. I still blame the steroids but I'm sure the lack of exercise doesn't help. I think I need to go shopping for a fashionable tent to wear. 

Test results were on the positive side. There is no sign that it has spread or any sign that there is any cancer in the lymph nodes. There is no way to tell for sure until they remove some lymph nodes during surgery. The mass has gone from 2.9x2.2x3.0 to 1.3x1.5x1.4 which means it responded to the chemo, but it is impossible to tell what is cancer and what is scar tissue. That will have to wait until surgery. Ah surgery, something to look forward to, ha. I've known it's coming since the start, but that doesn't mean I am looking forward to it. Dr B not willing to take radiation off the table at this point. Will meet with the surgeon next. We will see what our options are. I have an idea of what I want to do in my head, but will wait to see what Dr R has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment