Wednesday, August 14, 2013

First Follow-up

Had my first post-chemo test today. Had a oh so fun MRI, once we finally got there. Got a little anxious when we got stuck in a major traffic accident on the way. Poor Mom having to put up with me. Good thing I have Google Maps on my phone so I could find an alternate route. We were about 10 minutes late, but I had called and they said no problem. 

The MRI was about as much fun as last time, face down, breasts hanging down, sternum resting on cold bar, arms stretched out front; but this time my technician was a woman so she was able to help position me so it actually wasn't as bad (or the mind forgets pain). Not as much pressure on the sternum. Of course the muscles ached before so it was uncomfortable. Deep yoga breathes. Glad Mom was there to drive home as I felt still by the time it was done. Next is the MUGA and PET, then next week we'll get the test results. No anxiety there.

No comments:

Post a Comment