Monday, April 15, 2013

Poisoning Round 3

This time I had chemo before seeing Dr B. Nurse S did the blood work and everything came back fine so we were good to go for another round of poisoning. Have gained five pounds. I mean seriously, can't I get a break? I blame the steroids, but still I'm going to have to go shopping for a mumu. Wonder if they'll let me wear sweats to work. Treatment went pretty quickly, only one more of this combination, then on to four treatments of the taxotere.  I hear that one can be rough. 

Dr B examined my lump and he concurs with my assessment that it is smaller. That's a good sign and we'll continue with the chemo.  I worked from home only one day after the last round, so all in all not too bad  as far as side-effects. Still I feel so tired. And what's with the hair around my ankles? Seriously? It falls out from everywhere except my lower legs. There is truly no justice in this world. I wish my eyebrow would finish falling out. They seem to have started in the middle and are slowly working their way out. Well it's a look.

Talk at work is that we may be down from 22 furlough days to 14. Why is it too much to ask for our elected officials to work things out without making people suffer for political points? I really need to win the lottery so I can afford my own private island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment