Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dissertation Proposal Defense: Seriously

So the mind is mush. I want to go to back to bed and I have a sticky note with my name on it in hopes I don't forget what it is. That is only a slight exaggeration. I really don't feel up for this. I am glad I get to do my proposal defense virtually, I don't even have to be on camera. Just display my brilliant PowerPoint, haha. I really am glad they don't get to see me and my bald head, dark circles, and blank stare. I somehow manage to make it through the presentation. I only skipped one slide completely. I managed to fake my way through the questions and end up with only some minor changes before I can move forward. Next step IRB. We'll see how long that takes. Once that is done I can try to find willing participants. It may all be for naught if I can't find people willing to participate. 

Then again it may all be for naught if I can't get the brain to engage. How much longer can I fake it? I can't seem to compose a coherent sentence or keep a thought in my head. If I don't write it down it's forgotten forever. At least I think it is, I can't remember ...

No comments:

Post a Comment