Thursday, April 18, 2013

So Let's Write Another Paper

So what does one do for fun when going through chemo and trying to write a dissertation? You write another paper for publication of course. I decide to work with one of my professors and cohort members on a publication. This one I will first author. I mean if you're going to do it ... I wonder if I'm completely crazy, in denial, or just in need of something to do to help keep the mind occupied. Probably D, all of the above. I hope I haven't agreed to something I can't follow through on. Lord give me strength, and give me the wisdom to learn to say no.  

I decided that I needed something tangible to hold on to to track my progress. A countdown of sorts. I found a beaded necklace at the Pink Ribbon Shop and decide I will add a bead for each round. It comes with six, so will need to get two more at some point. Sometimes you just need something symbolic to hold onto. I know a countdown should start with eight and take one away each time, but then what would I be left with? Nope, might as well have something to show for all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment