Tuesday, October 22, 2013

RIP Mr Juicy

My last grenade, Mr Juicy is still putting out more than 30cc every day. He just doesn't want to go away. Mom and I on the other hand have both accidentally caught or yanked on him over the course of the last month, and just can't wait to see him go. The area around the stitches holding it in is starting to bother me and I just want it gone. Called H at PRMA and asked it it could come out and after checking with Dr A, she said I could come on in. This one felt a bit stranger than the other three as it was pulled out, a it seemed to have settled in. It is such a relief to have it gone though. I just hope my body can reabsorb the fluid with no issues.

I've been blessed with a number of visitors over the lat few weeks. Some dear family friends from California stopped by for a few days. Mika wasn't sure what to make of their little dachshund. Poor puppy, she won't know what to do when life goes back to normal either. My brother and sister-in-law also came for a visit. It was good spending time with them and Mom and Dad got a little support in the take-care-of Jo department. We all celebrated my healing process by going out to Olive Garden as I was finally free to eat salad at a restaurant. It's the little things we sometimes need to hold onto and celebrate. Some friends from work also dropped by, was glad to see them. I feel a bit out of touch, but then again with the shut-down I'm not missing too much. I'm afraid I wasn't the best hostess ever, but I was at least conscious for most of it.  I can't ever say how much it means to have people I love and care about come visit. Personal connections are so important to the healing process, and it's so easy to curl up and let the world go on without you. It takes an effort to be social, but the payoff is worth it.

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." — Albert Schweitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment