Friday, October 4, 2013

Three Down, One Grenade to Go

Went to PRMA to see H for the routine follow-up. I was pleasantly surprised when she removed three of the grenades. I knew the one in the left abdomen wasn't going anywhere, Mr Juicy as he is "affectionately" called is putting out more fluid than the other 3 combined (at least it feels that way). It's a strange sensation feeling the drains pulled out, but she is really good and knows all the tricks. She looks at my scars and foobs and is pleased with the progress, saying I look weeks ahead of where I should be. Nice to hear, but I don't feel weeks ahead. I wonder if I'll recognize normal when I feel it again.

I can call to come back to have Mr Juicy removed anytime over the next few weeks if he decides to slow down. They don't like to keep the drains in too long, as the body will start to heal around it. That idea is just icky. I am also cleared to start wearing a normal bra next week. I actually think the foobs are a bit bigger, at least with the present swelling, so it'll be interesting to see if my old bras will fit. She also gave me a different girdle, one with three layers instead of just the one. This one take a college degree to figure out how to put on. It is more supportive however it tends to also migrate a little. Well nothing is perfect. She approved a little chocolate but still no caffeine. Well a little chocolate is better than no chocolate. 

Still sleeping in the chair, but have a little more movement and am walking around a little better. Occasionally nap in the bed, but still need Mom's help getting up. I have a bed wedge that makes it a little easier, but the body still doesn't want to behave like I want it to. I want to feel whole and strong, now. 

"Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting." — Joyce Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment