Monday, June 3, 2013

Furlough ... Furlough Come and I Gotta Stay Home

Well we all knew it was coming, but today we got to officially "agree" to be furloughed. Here sign this letter saying you willingly take a 20% cut in pay because the politicians have convinced the American people that you are the enemy. It is your laziness and incompetence that is the cause of all that is wrong in this country and freezing your pay and demonizing you hasn't been enough. Now we take your pay, and that will make the country stronger. Why do people believe this crap? Why are so many willing to make other hard working people the source of their anger? Because we make so much? Seriously? Take a look on USA Jobs and see what we make, bet its less than a comparable job in the civilian sector. I know I took a pay cut when I went fed, but it was supposed to be stable. But now wanting stability is just more proof of what terrible people federal employees are. I truly hope people wake up some day and realize it is not the people who work for a living who are the enemy, it's those spouting hate and anger and trying to convince you that working against your own self-interest today will give you a better future. Of course I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Finally got IRB approval so started sending out invitations to participate. I am hoping for at least 25 individuals, but I'm starting later than I had hoped, so many of my invitations get out of office replies.  I hope not everyone is on summer break.         

No comments:

Post a Comment