Tuesday, June 18, 2013

And Another One Bites the Dust - Round 6

My first treatment without S as my oncology nurse, but L was very competent and friendly. I got several new prescriptions from Dr B for the muscle pain and watery eyes. I have given up the contacts all together, glad I spent the money on new glasses. Dr says without the steroid drops the watery eyes will turn to dry eyes, so I get to look like I'm perpetually crying. Surprisingly, despite how tired I feel my lab results are good. Dr B said my responses and side-effects are normal but I don't feel normal. I know compared to what they could be I'm lucky to have minimal side-effects, but it is still rough going. 

I did get out of the house this time and went to see Star Trek with a good friend. We are down to 11 days of furlough and as of July 8th will have one less day of pay every week. The loss of pay is going to hurt but I will have an extra day for healing without taking a sick day. Still working on the dissertation, but work is slower than I had hoped. Just feel so tired and the brain is in neutral. Really just want to curl up and forget about anything that requires thought, but that is just not an option.  

No comments:

Post a Comment