Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The 5th Poisoning - Taxotere the 1st

Had to go in on Tuesday instead of Monday due to the holiday. The center was very busy as all of Monday's patients had to be moved to Tuesday. The holiday did make it possible to go to my nephew's graduation, but I hope it doesn't mean I'll have to stick with Tuesdays for chemo days here on out. Surely the insurance company will let me move back to Mondays (yah right). 

It is my last time with my chemo nurse S as she got a better job closer to home. Sad to see her go but know she's found a good opportunity for her. Now there is only one drug and this is given through the IV, so no more having to get the red stuff pushed by hand. This means it should go faster, but still have to watch for side-effects. Not sure what to expect with this one, hope side-effects are minimal. 

Still waiting for IRB approval on the dissertation, so making some edits and doing some research on who to invite to participate, but getting anxious waiting to get started. Not sure how the timing is going to work out with chemo treatments and then surgery. I'm hoping I can work the three survey rounds around my treatment schedule. Just hope I'll be able to make it so that I can go to Gainesville in the early fall to defend. I really don't want to pay for another semester, not to mention I am really ready to graduate. Hoping to have a social life in 2014, but first to get through 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment