Friday, May 24, 2013

Graduation and a Last Day

Well the boss gave notice and will be moving on. She called to tell me as I was home dealing with the after effects of the last chemo. Totally unexpected but just one more change to deal with. Of course that also means I will be taking on the role, all the responsibility and none of the authority, or pay, until they can hire someone. Oh wait we're in a hiring freeze. Oh goody, this should be fun.

I actually manage to get out of town. Thanks to Mom and Dad and the RV I am actually able to go to Arizona to see my nephew graduate. It's a drive by in the truest sense of the word. Two days up, see graduation, two days back. I barely make it through graduation. Sitting on bleachers in the Arizona heat is not my idea of a good time, and the body is extremely unhappy, but what can you do? It is a nice ceremony and I actually managed to get a picture of him walking across the stage. Good thing for telephoto. I know Mom and Dad would have liked to have spent more time out there, but they sacrifice for my sake. Mika is allowed in the house and is introduced to the two cats. It is mostly peaceful, but I'm sure all animals are relieved when we pack up and go.

His graduation is also my boss's last day. Selfishly I'm worried about still being able to work from home as the Col is getting ready to PCS as well. At least there is one department head left who will be acting as our supervisor. I really do need to start playing the lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment