Thursday, July 11, 2013

Homage

I realize that I need to make it clear that I do not plan to use names in this blog and why. Partially it is because I owe so much to so many and I would hate to forget someone, but mainly it is because I do not feel it is my place. I try not to mention anyone by name here, or even give too  much detail about what they have personally said or done to help me, not because I am not appreciative, but because often it is not my story to tell. This is my personal journey and how I have chosen to deal with it, those who are there for me have their own stories and it is their choice how or if to tell them. I have been amazed and blessed by amazing friends, family, cohort members, and co-workers; and the ability to sit down and write this blog is partially due to their love, prayers, and support. There are some strong, courageous, and amazing survivors in my life, and I thank them for demonstrating how to move forward with my new reality. Some of these women I knew before I was diagnosed and they amazed me then, I am in their debt now. The impact of their support, and the support of others I have met along the way, cannot be overstated. They make me stronger simply by being there. Each and everyone of you who has asked me how I am, offered to help, sent cards and care packages, offered prayers, made me laugh, and have provided a shoulder to lean on, thank you. As much as this blog is to mark my journey it is also my tribute to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment